Thursday, October 22, 2009

10/22 Chuck Revisits Edwin Shaw with Becky

Hello from Becki
Today I was privileged to take Chuck to see Dr. Hayek at Edwin Shaw. Thanks for Auburn's GPS I was able to find my way without getting lost. Dr. Hayek hadn't seen Chuck since his discharge from Edwin Shaw last month, which was also when I last had seen my brother. Dr. Hayek was very pleased with Chuck's progress as am I. Chuck had a very good visit and shared his progress, took some tests and communicated very well. After the 'checkup' Dr. Hayek and I walked Chuck (without assistance) around the Edwin Shaw facility. Every one of the staff we met were happy to see Chuck and see how far he has progressed in one month! It was fun for me too since I stayed there for 5 days in September with Chuck and knew the personnel pretty well. Back then I had to hold Chuck's hand and he was pretty wobbly, now he can walk very well on his own. PTL! Dr. Hayek wanted me to be sure to let Auburn know she was doing all the right things at home therapy. He was pleased to hear that Chuck was taking a shower, shaving, dressing himself with no assistance every morning, and that Auburn is getting a break. Adult Day Care is a great idea and will allow Auburn to get alot of things done. He was pleased to hear that out-patient therapy was going well at Easy Street with Gary and progress is being made there as well.
Chuck and I enjoyed the drive chatting the whole way, enjoying the beauty of the fall foliage! Auburn enjoyed a break to do some personal business.
I am happy to report that Chuck is talking better and communicating his own thoughts without prompting. I am looking forward to see how much better he will be in another month! Keep praying for these two precious souls and that the healing taking place continue forward in the days to come, thank you for your support.
Rebecca Sandstrom
(Becki) Chuck's sister

No comments:

Post a Comment