Wednesday, February 2, 2011

2/3 Anonymous responses to Chuck's article

A Voice
Akron, , OH

Posted 07:42 AM, 01/30/2011
Good news!


Sign-in to report abuse
Peacemaker
Akron, Oh

Posted 07:57 AM, 01/30/2011
Thank you for printing a story about a good man. Only God could give him the peace that passes all understanding that so many hear about but don't understand and cannot find. It is supernatural and comes into the humble of heart. God bless him as he fulfills what God has in store for him. He is proving to us that where there is a will there is a way and he knows God will provide it.


Sign-in to report abuse
ZipsBBFan
_________, OH

Posted 08:31 AM, 01/30/2011
wow... that leaves me speechless


Sign-in to report abuse
Timbo
Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Posted 10:08 AM, 01/30/2011
Chuck Sandstrom is a far better man than I. If this were a one-time mistake on the part of Ayers I could maybe understand the forgiveness factor, but this guy appears to have a history of dealing with his perceived injustices through uncontrolled rage. I certainly hope that Mr. Sandstrom's grace and compassion eventually helps to salvage something of Ayers' alcohol and anger-fueled existence, but I'm not going to place any bets on it. May you continue to live a happy and productive life, Chuck Sandstrom.


Sign-in to report abuse
Slovensko
Canton, OH

Posted 11:10 AM, 01/30/2011
. .WOW. .


Sign-in to report abuse
WANTTHETRUTH?
AKRON, OH

Posted 11:23 AM, 01/30/2011
GOOD BLESS BOTH MEN.


Sign-in to report abuse
Bergermeister
Akron, OH

Posted 11:35 AM, 01/30/2011
Now there is a lesson in forgiveness. Wow!

Take the high road. There is far less traffic!

:0)


Sign-in to report abuse
Brenda Starr
Over Yonder, Oh

Posted 11:36 AM, 01/30/2011
This is rather ironic. Yesterday's article about some wild, over the edge preacher man who wants his 15 minutes of fame by revealing his predetermined end of the world and another man who understands true Christianity.

Forgiveness is probably the hardest concept for mankind to understand and I am willing to bet nearly everyone commenting here has fought with this issue in some degree, whether it be their own misgivings or that of someone who is near their own life.

We as Christians know the seven times seven verse. That is certainly the log in the eye for many.

When people struggle with forgiveness the words come out, "Well yes I forgive, but I will never forget." Hmm, sounds suspicious to me.

I had to forgive many for horrid situations. I know the freedom that follows. I am still waiting for some in my own family to understand that concept.

I don't think I know Mr Sandstrom, but likely would have met him if not for the unfortunate situation that befell him. I was deeply shocked when read the news. I do not think his forgiveness is from brain damage.

If you ever want to understand this concept find the video "The Hiding Place" which is the story of Corrie ten Boom. Likely you can find it on e-bay. The story will rip your heart out. The Mission with Robert DeNiro, though a bit Hollywood is also very compelling.

When we repeat the Lord's prayer, which is sometimes more of a repetitive chant than a prayer we ask the Lord to forgive us as we forgive those who trespass against us.

May the Lord use this man's heart to harvest forgiveness amongst others.


Sign-in to report abuse
what?
Akron, Oh

Posted 12:20 PM, 01/30/2011
Timbo, I agree, better than person then me too.


Sign-in to report abuse
garden girl
wadsworth, oh

Posted 03:28 PM, 01/30/2011
Ditto to all the posts. May God bless this man abundantly for his attitude and willingness to do as the bible commands all of us to do. Doing what is right is not always the easiest to do, usually it is the hardest to do.


Sign-in to report abuse
Class of 73

Posted 06:32 PM, 01/30/2011
What a special person ...


Sign-in to report abuse
Just Me Here
Akron, OH

Posted 06:42 PM, 01/30/2011
This article brought me to tears. We can all learn from Mr Sandstrom. Thank you, sir. I would say God bless...but he most certainly already has.


Sign-in to report abuse
grubby
akron, OH

Posted 06:49 PM, 01/30/2011
I don't know, I have a hard time believing there is an ounce of remorse from the attacker, after all, he spent FIFTEEN MONTHS hiding from his actions, avoiding arrest.

But yeah, Sandstrom must be an awesome person.


Sign-in to report abuse
frumptilda
Akron, OH

Posted 12:53 AM, 01/31/2011
This situation is obviously being used by God as a way to reach out to the criminal. But in this instance, God is using the victim for his glory. I would like to say that I would do the same thing if I were in the Sandstroms shoes,but I don't think that I could be that big of a person. But after reading this story, I will certainly try.


Sign-in to report abuse
Just_Browsing_2
Akron, OH

Posted 09:12 AM, 01/31/2011
Wow. He's a better person than I am. If someone had ruined my life in so many ways as this man did, I couldn't forgive him.

No comments:

Post a Comment