Tuesday, August 4, 2009

8/4 Hanging out

Chuck's sitting next to me glancing occasionally at the computer screen and smiling at Lena, the nice RN with the musical voice. Chuck was on his belly today in therapy on a big raised padded platform and did some pushing with his arms, some lifting of his head and rolling. His body has to re-remember all of these physical postures and the belief is that it causes the brain to re-wire itself toward function.

I think I've collected a lot of rents for the month of August, maybe even most of it and some banks have temporarily deferred mortgages until I can make good, orderly decisions. Roger Shoot in Indiana continues to keep me covered on the property management issues in Anderson. Talk about a friend indeed. His motto is "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space." I love entrepreneurs.

Rick Wiley and Lois Matney of Chuck's Foundation Board were here to deliver word of a partial pay benefit that will stay in force through October. I now have some concrete answers about our financial and insurance situation which will make a number of other long-range decisions possible. I am relieved for the information as I continue to try to negotiate the best options for us both in the long haul. I feel the Foundation Board responded in a fair and prudent manner to the crisis and I appreciate the hard work that went into the decision-making in our behalf.

Chuck is in a deep sleep now, so I am going home to tend to my own rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment