Thursday, July 23, 2009

7/23/09: Great News!! (Post from Shelley)

This is Shelley, Chuck's oldest daughter. It's been about 5 days since I last saw Dad and he looks a lot better. He looks more alert, the swelling on his arms and head have gone down and he's moving around more. He's moving his head side to side and moving his arms slightly.

As soon as I got here and started talking to him today, his eyes opened up wide. Lately, he's been keeping his eyes open a lot more.

I decided to ask him to grip my hand with his right hand. He slightly moved his eyes to look at me and after about 15 seconds, he slowly gripped my hand with his! Yeah!! I've read that when someone is recovering from a brain injury, you need to give them time to respond to commands.

We are very, very encouraged and praise God for the small miracles we witness everyday. This is a journey of faith and we are taking one day at a time.

Thank you all for your love, prayers and support!

Shelley

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear about the progress Chuck is making. Praying every day for Chuck and all of you.
    Thanks for keeping us posted. Checking the blog every day.
    Liz in Findlay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited about Chuck's progress. He is so blessed to have a wife and family who love him so much! You have all been in my prayers since I found out about the attack.

    ReplyDelete