Sunday, August 23, 2009

8/22 Jean Hamed Reports on Evening with Chuck (from guest book)

"Chuck was quite alert and engaged in activities with me for 1 1/2 hours while sitting up in his chair this evening. I helped him put together 2 surprises (from Chuck) to his "girls." There is (somewhere in the jumble) a purple bag with a yellow card inside for Auburn and a card box for Shelley. Chuck helped to make Auburn's card and package the gift bag and wants Shelley to laugh at the gift for her!

"He helped me put the diamond suit in order (low to high) from the deck of cards. He also filled in words orally from Bible verses. (He is GOOD at this!) We talked a lot about Hewbrews 12:1 and that he is surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses and that he is living out his faith testimony and reaching people for Jesus through these circumstances.

"Then he rested peacefully in his chair and I read my book. Chuck, I will come and visit. Have Auburn call me at least twice a week, so that we can schedule the time for her to attend to tasks at hand. God is Great and He is present here in 147 (or whatever room # is)." --Jean Hamed

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see my surprise :) That's a great idea about having him "play" cards and order them. We used to play cards a lot with MawMaw and PawPaw growing up!! And he did do very well finishing sentences in Speech on Friday, so that's great that he was able to do so with scripture as well!

    Thanks for taking time to be with him Jean!

    ~Shelley

    ReplyDelete