Thursday, August 6, 2009

8/6 Channel 8 follow up story 6 pm tonight

I gave another interview for Channel 8 to discuss the ongoing challenges we face. I highlighted the lifelong consequences Chuck and those of us who love him will be facing and mentioned that Barberton Firemen might be doing a benefit for Chuck and that there is a benefit fund. I haven't checked, but I am aware that donations have begun to come in, which is a great confidence booster. My heartfelt thanks to those of you have given.

My goal at this moment is to sustain our home in Barberton if humanly (or divinely) possible and to keep abreast of medical bills for this next year and beyond. In the very near future, we will be facing a daunting COBRA co-pay to keep his benefits in force and I will begin to look in earnest for work the moment Chuck no longer requires round the clock vigilance. My focus from the start has been Chuck's health care as number one priority and to take orderly, right steps to maintain our life and dignity to the greatest extent possible, so that Chuck has something like an intact world to which to return.

I continue to be fueled by your loving support, your prayers, my ever-deepening practical faith and caffeine. Love to Chuck's Circle of Love. Auburn

No comments:

Post a Comment