Friday, September 25, 2009

A Video Message from Dad (from Shelley)

CJ and I went to Barberton Thursday night expecting a short 15-30 minute visit with Dad. However, each time we got up to leave, he insisted we stay longer. So, we ended up having a great 2-hour visit with him!

He is now home and is looking great. There was a night-and-day difference from my visit with him on Sunday, just four days earlier. He seemed so much more alert and had a brightness in his eyes that shined through! I think we'd all agree that there's just no place like home.

This was the first time I've seen him in regular clothes for a while and he looked so normal...polo shirt, khakis, belt, dress shoes. And the great thing is that he is on absolutely NO medications and is now eating regular food.

Dad's Video Message
I asked Dad if he's like to give a video message to the blog and he said yes. Here's what he had to say...



Great Conversation

We had some great conversation...some of the best I've had w/ him. At one point I asked him if he still feels like he comes in and out of a "fog" and he said no. He said he is now in a go--- fog. I didn't completely understand him and asked him if he was in a good fog. He said, "No! I am in a God fog."

I thought about it for a moment and decided that's where I want to be as well! A God fog. Surrounded by His presence and walking in His Spirit. Earlier that day, I had read the following verse that talks about walking in the presence of the Lord, or in a "God fog!"

"Blessed are those who...walk in the light of your presence, O LORD." Psalm 89:15

I also mentioned to Dad that I believed God is going to use him as an inspiration to many and already is. Dad said, "Yes! I would like that!"

I don't remember all the details of our conversation, but felt encouraged after we left. My dad is improving. And we are all learning to live in a "God fog." God is so good!

I Saw God Today

As we were traveling to Virginia this weekend, CJ played the song, "I Saw God Today" by George Strait. As I listened to it, tears streamed down my face. I felt an overwhelming sense that "I saw God today" as I have witnessed God working miracles in my Dad's recovery everyday. And miracles in my heart.

You can listen to the song below. (Note: this video focuses on the miracles of birth which is amazing, but as I listen to this song, I am thanking and praising God for the miracles we are seeing each day as Dad is healing and recovering!)



Here are the lyrics:
I just walked down the street to the coffee shop
had to take a break
I'd been by her side for eighteen hours straight
I saw a flower growing in the middle of the sidewalk
pushing up through the concrete
like it was planted right there for me to see
the flashin' lights, the honkin' horns
all seemed to fade away
in the shadow of that hospital at 5:08
I saw God today


Chorus:
I've been to church
I've read the book
I know He's here, but I don't look
near as often as I should
Yeah, I know I should
His fingerprints are everywhere
I'd just slow down to stop and stare
opened my eyes and man I swear
I saw God today

I saw a couple walking by they were holding hands
Man, she had that glow
yeah I couldn't help but notice she was starting to show
I stood there for a minute takin' in the sky
lost in that sunset
a splash of amber melted in the shades of red

Chorus

I got my face pressed up against the nursery glass
She's sleeping like a rock
My name on her wrist wearing tiny pink socks
She's got my nose, she's got her mama's eyes
My brand new baby girl
She's a miracle
I saw God today

1 comment:

  1. ....hello Chuck...we love you too...very much!

    Scott and Lynn

    ReplyDelete