Friday, October 30, 2009

10/29 Brother Bill Travels from Atlanta to see Chuck

The last time I saw Chuck was when he lay in a coma at Specialty Services. He has surely come a long way since then.

I don't know who was more excited about my trip to see Chuck this week-end: him or me. When Auburn told Chuck his brother was coming to Findlay just to see him, he replied: "Am I going to be there?" That cracked me up!

When I arrived in Findlay, Chuck stood to his feet to greet me. C.J. said, "Look who came to see you, dad", and Chuck replied, "My Dad."

We hugged for a long time and said how great it was to see each other. He then introduced me to Auburn's folks as his brother, Bill.

Chuck and I will be making a trip to Clymer, NY tomorrow, and, right after the greetings, Chuck said, "Let's Go, I'm ready." I suggested we leave at 11:00 am the next day and Chuck chimed, "Nine is fine." So guess what time we are leaving?

We will visit family and friends in Chautauqua County. We're looking forward to a wonderful trip on home turf.

Chuck's Brother, Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment